Monday, January 14, 2008

023. Un petit mort.

I've decided to let this post be a homage to Alexander McQueen's legendary pale-green ostrich feather gown, which flared up recently, then disappeared forever from Net-A-Porter's sale section, having been conspicuously in the slightly-reduced sale pile for over a year. With it gone from N-A-P's archives, I believe this terminates the dress's availability both online and in stores. But I still fondly remember experiencing this dress in person last winter at the New York McQueen boutique...touching the feathery expanse of the skirt, the fine embroidery around the neck...

Let this fiery star of high fashion be a tribute to the genius and whimsical elegance of my favorite British designer.


Source unknown


Source unknown


Source unknown

And what's the point of buying a dress like this if you can't have a little fun in it?


Source unknown

Without a doubt, this collection ranks among my top five favorite shows ever.

No comments: