Sunday, January 25, 2009

051. Exploration.

For reasons unbeknownst to me, every once in a while, I Google (well, Yahoo!--I don't actually like Google all that much) Heimstone. I figure one of these days, it's going to go on sale somewhere on the web at a low enough price that I can afford it. Thus far, I haven't been successful. Oh well, I will keep trying.

Anyway, although I didn't find any Heimstone this time around, during my quest, I discovered a number of boutiques that I'd never seen before on the Web. I have an enormous folder of bookmarked boutiques - probably over 200 in total - so I'm always shocked to find new ones. By now you'd think I'd know about them all. What number of people know about them, to the extent that they make a profit? I suppose most also have a material location in a city, too, which is where they make the majority of their sales.

But because Heimstone is a pretty good representative of the type of clothing I like, I got linked to boutiques that carry not only Heimstone, but a wide variety of other clothing that is germane to my own preferences. Here's a sampling of clothing from the boutiques I discovered during my Heimstone search.


80spurple.com

Wesc Miss Ellie Leather Jacket in Almond Brown, $452



80spurple.com

Hazel & Jaloux 3/4 Sleeve Button Up Top in Taupe, $74



LaGarconne.com

Sissi Rossi Knotted Shoulder Bag, $657



ShopAcrimony.com

Sretsis Sparkling Dress, $151



AnicaBoutique.com

Vena Cava Shiva Dress, $275



AnicaBoutique.com

Clu T-shirt Dress, $133



shopjinny.com

3.1 Phillip Lim Lace-Up Tunic Dress, $76.75



shopjinny.com

Geren Ford 3 Snap Belt, $45.50



BirdLA.com

Heimstone Targa Dress, $199.50


Finishing, of course, with the Heimstone...oh, how I wish I could again afford $200 dresses! Law school is both a blessing and a curse.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Heimstone dress is GORGEOUS. Wow.

Guess what my parents brought into the city today?

A clue? La Fata means Faerie in Italian. ;)

jealoushe said...

Oh my!! I can't wait to hear more about your encounter with a certain piece possessing a...La Fata detailing. :D You are one lucky girl--I hope it's everything you wanted!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)