Saturday, August 11, 2007

003. Kaaarl...

Okay, so I'll admit that I'm pretty much out of the loop when it comes to documentaries, but when I caught wind of a documentary called Lagerfeld Confidential that has apparently been exhibited at the German Film Festival, I got intrigued and started researching it.

I still haven't found a leak to the video online, but during my search, I discovered another documentary on YouTube called "Signe Chanel." It apparently aired on the BBC last fall. The person who uploaded the series of videos describes them as a "rare look into Karl Lagerfeld and the House of Chanel."


The highlight of that first video is definitely the narrator's syrupy cooing in French. "Kaaarl Lagerfeld. Kaaarrl... Kaaarrrlllll..." What the heck was going on during that voice recording session? Anyhoo.

The director of this series is
Loïc Prigent, who has also apparently done a documentary on Marc Jacobs. I definitely can't wait until that one becomes available...

No comments: